Our workshops are suitable for early- to mid-career researchers in life sciences, technology, and engineering. We offer workshops in general grant-writing skills, as well as facilitation sessions that focus on a concrete funding instrument in a national or EU agency: e.g. ERC PoC, FWO-EOS, MSCA-ITN.
Our workshops are based on authentic case studies from successful recent grants. Participants receive all training materials for free.
The workshops we design for doctoral schools can be field-specific (e.g. for life sciences only) or open to a wider doctoral population that includes sciences, technology, and social sciences. Workshops for mixed groups use materials that draw on the different fields of expertise represented in the audience.
Our grant-writing workshops will teach you how to:
- Interpret correctly the application form and evaluation criteria of your agency.
- Use strong structure in State of the Art, Objectives, Methodology, and Work Programme sections.
- Provide clear, convincing answers to the key requirements of feasibility, novelty, research significance, and potential impact.
- Make a persuasive description of your research environment, collaborations, and the public outreach, dissemination, and valorisation ideas, if required by the funding agency.
- Write a project management plan that avoids the common traps.
- 1,5 days, 12 academic hours: suitable for early-career researchers
- One full-day, 8 academic hours: suitable for group leaders
Learn what to expect from the oral interview with a funding agency, how to prepare, and how to interact with your reviewers.
Contact us at [email protected].