Scriptorium provides training and advisory services in grant writing for consortia, large-scale individual grants, and grant offices of research institutes. We also organise seminars in grant-writing skills and advanced writing skills at doctoral schools across Europe.
- Grant writing skills: 1-day course for junior group leaders. This course is often adapted for one specific funding instrument as a case study: e.g. FNRS funding instruments; H2020-RIA; ERC-PoC.
- Research fellowship applications: 1,5-day course in grant writing skills intended for postdoctoral and graduating doctoral researchers.
- Focus on the PhD thesis: 2-day course for graduating doctoral researchers.
- The CV clinic: a half-day course focused on research CVs intended for fellowship applications and the academic job market. It complements courses on writing a business CV typically available locally at academic career centres.
- The oral interview: 1-day workshop and mock interviews intended for applicants preparing for an interview with a funding agency.
- Science journalism: introducing the basics: 1-day course for graduate researchers (at MSc and PhD level) who are interested in science communication careers.
Scriptorium has provided assistance on applications to H2020 and national funding agencies:
- ANR, PIA3 – France; PIA3 is a large-scale structural fund for establishing innovative graduate schools in French universities.
- AXA: Research Chair.
- DFG – Germany: research grants, postdoc fellowships.
- FWO and FNRS – Belgium: research grants, postdoc fellowships, SBO (basic research for valorisation), EOS (consortium grants).
- ERC: Starting Grant, Consolidator Grant, Proof of Concept.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD).
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions: CoFund; Innovation and Technology Networks (ITN), Individual Fellowships (IF).